Saturday 19 October 2013

How!

I remember that program from the good old 70's, well, sort of. We didn't have a T.V at that point (what!) but when I used to go round to Andrea's house - them of the purple shag-pile carpets, white globular furniture, and everything mod - I would occasionally watch said program.
I don't think at any point they ever touched on HOW long you could re-use chip oil, which is why, in a brief moment of mmm . . . I wonder, I had glanced at the net this morning.
I often pause to look at what is suggested as one types in the search words. Here's what came up as I prodded the keyboard.

HOW: I met your mother
            to tie a tie
            to kiss
            to twerk
            take a screenshot on a mac. 

This is worrying. No - how to plant potatoes, or snare a fish, kill wolves, tell if you are going mad, etc.
Twerk: a pathetic, flash-in-the-pan thing of our sad age is No 3 on the net's suggestions of HOW . . .


HOW MANY: Countries in the world
                         Grams in a cup
                         Days until Christmas - W.T.F! I mean, really!

HOW MANY TIMES: A week should I run 
                                      Lyrics
                                      Can a wasp sting
                                      Can you get shingles
                                      Take plan b - mysterious!
                                      Can the doctor regenerate? UH? oh, I see.
I was thinking of the average G.P. How many times can he/she regenerate? Well, let's see, they must get pretty tired after a day of looking at warts and stuff - a hundred?

HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU REUSE: False eyelashes
  Coffee grounds
                                                                       A water bottle
                                                                       Brass
                                                                       Chip oil - thank you!
                               



No comments:

Post a Comment